Involuntary feeling of head movement/motion/pressure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have menieres disease with BPPV. I have undergone various treatments culminating with the sac decompression 5 months ago. I am going through my 3rd vestibular therapy program. It is presently very difficult because the of the feeling that my head is constantly moving. It causes me to sway off balance often. Even when I am sitting still, I feel like my head constantly moving or gradually leaning towards the affected side (ear). It seems to get worse with barometric changes. They cause more pressure in the head. My doctors have prescribed various migraine medications over time but they just make me feel worse. I also do not normally have headaches. The medications cause dizziness and sometimes headaches. The physicians are trying to address the issues caused by the barometric pressure. I was wondering whether others had similar experiences or offer suggestions.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yes barometric changes of more than .3 in a day have been shown to cause issues areas like florida where the pressure never changes dramatically are easier to be in than other places with higher swaysgood luck

• Posted

Thank you. I will research this further.

• Posted

HI. I took your advice and monitored the barometric pressure sways. When it decrease more than .3, I noticed its affect. Heavy rains were approaching as well. I was able to reduce some of my issues by taking something before full impact . Again thank you for sharing.

Best wishes.......

• Posted

hI Rubye. Really sorry to hear of all your troubles! I haven't had sac decompression, so can't say anything about that. But I had BPPV about 6 years ago, before I got menieres. A doctor did a successful Epley's Manoeuvre on me and it has never returned.

An osteopath told me about the half somersault manoeuvre which you can do by yourself. I think it was devised by a Carol Foster, this is the link he gave me:

https://youtu.be/Wez9SZJ7ABs

I haven't used it myself, and if my BPPV came back, I would probably go to a doctor to have it done properly....but just sharing what I have.

Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. My residual issues are not BPPV related. I am checked for that at home and in vestibular therapy. They are residuals from the sac decompression surgery. It's been 5 months so maybe I just need to allow more healing and adjustment time.

• Posted

HI Rubye, I understand what you're saying. Sorry I cannot help. But hopefully with a little more time your symptoms will start to settle down.

• Posted

I can only share what I have been through. I was employed with a major energy company for 20 years. 2014 my left started ringing so loud. Everyone would undergo yearly physical exams. eyes. hearing. lung capacity test. and or inoculations if need? big question mark still. the tinnitus immediately showed up in 2014. first ENT confirmed. I went back to work. 2015 the vertigo, nausea and fainting started. Also might right ear became infected. This resulted in major injuries and I was taken the hospital. Bi Lateral Menieres, Bi lateral vestibular migraines. no cause. no cure. Every synthetic meds I have tried make it worse. I am fully disabled. Court date next year. I pray for healing. God bless.

• Posted

Hi. Thank you for sharing. I'm very sorry to hear about your ordeal. It all seem to happen do quickly with you. Were both of you ears affected in some way by an infection? I have been pondering this question as I hear others talk about bilateral issues. I also notice that the left ear seem to be affected far more often than the right. Mine is in the right ear, at least initially. I am praying that my left is speared. There just so many questions that remain as daunting as the challenges of the disease itself. Menieres disease is horrible. We struggle daily for quality of life.

Best wishes ....

• Posted

i have seen the Professor of Otolarynolgy to receive antibiotoc/steroid injestions in both ears. it helped the black outs. nothing else. I also seen two neurologist. the ENT cant agree with the neurologists? $$$ more like it. One thing I found. It is more neural than ears. Diet, which we should be instructed. Not to eat poison basically. I am waiting just as everyone else. May God hear our prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.