Involuntary muscle twitches that occur mostly before sleep.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had some involuntary muscle twitches occurring in my legs, arms, neck, feet and wrists. These occur mostly at night just before I fall asleep. I have now found that they occur during the day too, mostly in my legs. But at night, these are with much more force. Can anyone relate? Obviously I am concerned about Parkinsons, Hungtingdons etc. I've been to see my GP and she checked my muscle strength which seems fine. I have blood tests tomorrow which will take some time to get back. Really starting to worry. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

depends on how long you have had them for, if the blood test come back ok and you continue to get the twitches i would ask for an emg/ nerve conduction test to be done

( a simple 20 min test) and if it comes back ok the then twitches are probably nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Thanks Will. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Hoping to hear from someone who has had similar..not knowing what's wrong can drive you crazy!

• Posted

i have similar. have had the twitches all my life, i get them depending on what muscle i use during the day, usually in my calfs. i usually end up sleeping with my legs between the bed frame and wall on nights when they are really bad. I have had eleavted pottasium, ck, and 2 abnormal emgs. my muscle biopsy was remarkable for showing " multi minicore myopathy" and thats as much as i know so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.