Ionic Strontium drops"

Posted , 5 users are following.

I found this form  of taking strontium along with boron - has anyone here taken strontium and did they find their bone density increased  ? 

​Also taking ionic multi-trace minerals in liquid form would be a good idea too,

i

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have heard that strontium replaces calcium in the bones and as it is heavier it gives the appearance of greater density.  Whether it actually makes the bones stronger, which is what we want, I don't know.

• Posted

I've been taking strontium along with boron. I had one Dexa that showed a little improvment, them 3 years later I had a much worse score. 

• Posted

.....do you have any idea why that would be whether diet or otherwise?  From research strontium does have bone building qualities but maybe absorption differs in people.
    • Posted

Strontium and calcium doses have to be taken at different times.  Otherwise the strontium will not be absorbed as the body prefers calcium - naturally enough as calcium is also essential for body precesses other than bone building.
    • Posted

darn typo.  processes
    • Posted

Yes, I did take them separately; I use Garden of Life Grow Bone system or New Chapter Calcium with separate strontium.

• Posted

My diet is pretty pristine - all organic, lots of raw, juicing, wheat grass, very alkaline. My stress hormones went way up before the second testing, so I am considering whether that may have played a role. I was actually vegan for several years prior to the test that was better. But I felt like I needed to add meat back in so for the next years prior to second testing I was eating a small amount of quality meat/eggs every day. That should be a positive, though. However, I stopped juicing and drinking wheat grass daily during that second period, so I am also thinking that my level of acicity may have gone up. My current spine score is -4.0. 
    • Posted

You know there's a lot of controversy about so-called alkaline or acidic diets.  Our body is really good at maintaining ph, and if it goes out of whack it means you're deathly ill.  I think we just need to avoid junk food (sugar, trans fats), too much animal products, and too much food, period .

• Posted

I agree totally with you re acid / alkali body balance. Also, a good balanced diet, gives our body a chance to repair itself.
    • Posted

...just read that the hormone cortisol causes bone loss.   Stress and sleep deprivation can elevate cortisol levels leading to bone loss so this quite possibly could be the answer to your bone loss at that timedespite taking strontium born with a good nutritional diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.