Iron and RLS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I've had RLS for 30 years or more. A recent blood test revealed my Ferritin to be 8. That is very low. Their is apparently a link between RLS and Anaemia. I've been taken Ferrous Sulphate and improved my diet to include iron rich foods. As a result my RLS has significantly improved. Have an FBC and address your diet to include Kale and liver etc etc. Also try to include Vitamin C. It helps with the absorption of Iron. Hope this helps anyone who might read this. Tom.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Magnesium has been much more help than Riponerole, in an oil form I make and massage my legs and arms with and a daily Magnesium tablet. Also Ferratin infusion once a year helps. The best thing is apart from the infusion the rest are DIY remedies. By no means has my RLS gone but I can see the tunnel, even a dim light at the end of it after 40 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.