Iron depletion

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a resection about a year ago, ever since than I have been suffering with shortness of breath headaches and cramps I had blood tests that revealed I was iron deficent I have tried liquid iron plus I had a iron infusion but my iron is still deficent, I have had colonoscopy and swallowed a camera which both showed minor inflammation at the surgery site, I have an appointment on Thursday and would like some information that I can ask when I go as I am feeling terrible, I have no stomach pains or nausea.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello!

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so rough.

So you tried liquid iron and an infusion but have you been taking iron supplements and eating iron rich foods?

If you haven't then that's probably why you feel so bad...

Maybe it would be an idea to ask for a regular B12 injection at your appointment on Thursday? Your surgery may have affected you ability to absorb this...

Cramps can also be a Magnesium deficiency so another round Alf bloods tests would be sensible.

Good luck and let us know how you get on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.