Iron in water

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondering if drinking tap water (iron well water) is a a way to load up with bad iron?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tap water back in the day would almost definitely of contributed to iron but these days I'm sure modern society it has improved, however I do but Evion water as I believe to be ok . Bottled water contains no iron unless you read it has been fortified in any way, certain sports drinks include added ingredients so always check the label

• Posted

If you can developer a taste for green tea, it's good because it contains lots of iron inhibiting forces and also helps with free radicals, antioxidants etc due to its natural ingredients

• Posted

If your naturally sourced water has iron in it, the simple answer is yes.
    • Posted

That's why I always drink filtered water. My levels are sky high so venesection done weekly and I try to influence my diet in every way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.