Iron infusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had 2 iron infusions in the past 2 weeks. I feel worse, then I did before. My brain is foggy, I feel nauseous all the time. The taste in my mouth is awful. I feel like I have the flu all day every day.

The dr said this is all normal. It is not normal since I know my body. I cry all the time because I more sick than I was before. Is it possible I have something else wrong with me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim,

I had my first infusion 9 days ago.

I was only unwell for a couple of days afterwards, but like you, I am crying more than usual. I was doing that before the infusion though and I presume that your mood is affected when you are iron deficient. Most of all I just want this exhaustion to go away. All I want to do is sleep all the time. I feel like an invalid. My doc said I would have my energy back in a week but not even close.

The nurses in the clinic said at least two weeks because my levels were only at 5.

It seems there is no definite time. Everyone on here appears to have recovered at different rates.

I hope we both feel better soon. Sending you love. ❤❤❤

• Posted

Thank you for responding. Now I just have constant joint pain and no one believes me. I'm assuming this is just the way it will be.

peace and love to you

• Posted

months later and I'm still sick, weak extremely fatigued. I have an HMO and I can't afford to go to another dr. I am sick and no one believes me.

• Posted

hi, are you ok? How long did it take you to get back to normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.