Iron Infusions

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya! Wondered if anybody had any feedback as to what they have experienced when receiving iron infusions due to severe anaemia? Did you have side effects?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have ferrinject about every three months. No side effects but it takes up to 3 weeks to bring me back to normal iron levels. I think they’re keeping me alive. I have a version called Ferinject. Good luck with your treatment. Do they know the cause of your anaemia?
    • Posted

Good morning-

Doctors stated that my monthly menstural cycle - especially after a recent baby loss- was the culprit. We have since had a hysterectomy and now I feel can breath and my organs are no longer enlarged. I still feel tired, and have Dysphagia. Getting better by the day. Today I start Iron replenishing to restore what I have lost over the last two years. Doctors report I am operating at only a 5% gas tank. Need to get back to the 100%. Worried about side effects - constipation, headaches, increased breathing issues, or allergic reactions? Appreciate your feed back! Feels good to know I am not alone.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear you’ve been through such a difficult time. It seems the cause of the anaemia has been isolated and I hope you can make a full physical recovery soon. I’m in my late sixties and the doctors have no idea why I keep becoming anaemic despite loads of tests.
  • Posted

Hi I had a large dose of monifer iron as a one off infusion four weeks ago.  Did have an side effects. It did increase my iron level but only by 1.4 and so I didn't really feel the benefit as much as others had told me they had. What made the difference was actually my Vit D level also being severely deficient - Vit D helps the body to absorb so without a good Vit D level infusions can be limited in impacts. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi, I had Ferrinject on 26 March and experienced horrendous side effects. I ended up in hospital a week later with abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. It is nearly 4 weeks on and I’m still having stomach issues. Hope you’re experience was much better than mine. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.