Iron supplement, vitamin C.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I'm back on iron supplement, my ferritin level is not rising as fast as the last time I was on iron, and the reason I reckon is because I am not taking as much vitamin C as I was last time, I did some reading on the issue, and apparently there's a direct relationship between iron absorption and amount of vitamin C taken, so if you are on iron supplement you need plenty of vitamin C, I read vitamin C is ok up to 2000 mg per day, but I be taking 1000 mg, 500 mg with each iron capsule, 1 morning 1 at night.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.