Irrational Fear...is this common with anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone! Lol I know I've been posting a lot on here, I get weird and different sensations and fears all the time. But I've been getting these irrational fears of anything, like I'd just be looking at something random and I'd get this weird vibe or fear from it, it just sets me into panic thinking how weird I am getting bothered by normal things. Has anyone experienced this? Is this even normal? Could i be becoming schizophrenic?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  I've never experienced irrational fear of anything.  I have phobia's of certain things but not just anything.  I'm sure it's all part of anxiety though.  Speak to your GP if you are really concerned.  

• Posted

Hi Gwnyth, I think it's most definately part of your anxiety as I used to think all the time negative thoughts on all sorts of things, stuff I see on tv, Facebook, in public and mostly the safety of my family! I used to think 'what if' all the time at my worst!

I'm on medication now and feeling so much better and more myself!

If you haven't seen anyone about this make sure you do, nip it in the bud and seek help and you will get through it, take care

• Posted

Hi Alan, I'm on escitalopram, started on 5mg then 10 and now 15 which seems to have stabilised me! I was on citalopram before and that didn't do enough for me but I think this is working better! I have been on since June and gradually increased and been on 15mg for 3 weeks, hope this helps smile

• Posted

Hi Gwyneth, schizophrenia is an inherited disease and usually affects males in their early 20's and females in their 30's.  Judging from what you mentioned above, I think you can rule that one out.

I suspect it's anxiety and the irrational fears can be draining - so talk with your doctor about this and maybe they can prescribe a medication that alleviates what you're going through.  Take careconfused

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like its a short term phase your brain is going thru related to the anxiety.

I'm sure this will pass.

Stay strong.😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.