irratitional unwanted thoughts

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all suffered unwanted irrattional thoughts years ago but was on sertraline for years.they stopped working before xmas 2018 and i was put on fluoxetine 20mg for one week then upped to 40mg had one good day then hell.been on 60mg for 2 weeks now and feel really bad with my thoughts.been on fluoxetine for 8 weeks now cant remember sertraline taking so long?allthough it was years ago.please someone tell me it gets better?im trying so hard even gave up my glass of wine a nite for 2weeks (felt just as bad tbh.doc gave me 5mg diazapam tabs for the odd day when im struggling whilst meds kick in does it take longer than 2 weeks for increased dose to kick in?any advice appreciated thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Anthony,

i always suffer with unwanted irrational thoughts. my doctor added abilify and it works wonders.

• Posted

it is an antipsychotic drug. it is used for many things including irrational thoughts.

• Posted

hi anthony how are u getting on i have messaged u a couple of times but dont think u have recieved them cant see them on yuor post.have things improved at all for uit seems ages when ure waiting for some sign things are getting better .ive not had a good week mood wise quite down at times i long for my mood to come back up like it was 2 wks ago i worry it wont happen which doesnt help at all.i managed to go to some appointments this wk i had been avoiding thinking it might make me feel i had achieved something i havent done for ages but it didnt help.willkeep in touch hopefully with better news take care .bazza

• Posted

hi bazza,strange i havnt had messages?same with me been down(seems longer than it actually is)entering my 10th week now on fluoxetine,4th week on 60mg!thought it worst id ever felt?but possibly felt the same some 20 years ago on starting sertraline?so long ago?(with help from wife(nurse)and work mate(mental health)the subject of"pure O ocd came up?look it up bazza?im pretty sure thats what ive got?intrusive thoughts,compulsions,constantly seeking re assurrances?what ifs?(all mentally)not visual?anyhow "felt"a little bit"normal"?"myself last couple of days?fingers crossed!gonna try for ERP treatment(priveatly)read fluoxetine takes 10/12 weeks to show signs(for ocd)but cant rely on meds 4ever?gotta have a plan B?cos this illness is brutal! and ERP is supposed to be very good! dont be afraid to"have a rant"moan about anything mate?cos it does help!and il always reply the best i can.

• Posted

hi anthony pleased to hear from u .whats erp treatment not heard of that im always reseaching for new things to try.before xmas i had two 4 hr sessions of magnetic theraphy but sadly it didnt work for me(apparently it is supposed to be a 100 % success rate )cost £590 i will look per session.so that was a waste of money but u dont know till u try these things.i will look up pure ocd.glad u felt slightly better lets hope things are beginning to work for u at long last its about time.ive been on prozac now 11wks 3 wks at 20mg and 8 wks at 40mg had a couple of wks where i felt good and they were working then got a virus which has just about put me back again everyday i look for a sign its picking up again and i do agree hole heartedly u need a plan b and any other plans that come along this illness interfearsto much with your day to day existance.hears to tomorrow we have a better day if not i will stay under the duvet again good job i i dont go to work.speak soon bazza.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.