Irregular bleeding and spotting, very confused please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i'm 22 years old and have been on the contraceptive mini pill called cerazette for about 3 years. I didn't get periods at all (unless I was very stressed) for the first year and a half but for the last year and a half I've been getting them almost every month. On top of this I recently had a period that lasted 6 days and then have been experiencing brown bloody spotting ever since my last period ended (for the last 10 days) I've just been to the toilet and noticed the spotting has turned more red so it looks like I'm about to have another period. This really isn't normal for me, what could be the issue and what should I do, I'm really worried now. Thanks in advance for any advice smile 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same issue here girl!! You got to go through all the test ultrasound and pap and pelvic exam. If all are normal then it can be endo or a cyst or your bc doesnt work for you anymore.(hormonal imbalance)
    • Posted

Thanks! I tried to talk to my nurse about it and she just wrote me a prescription for a new pill and sent me away 
    • Posted

I’m 22, started periods at 14 been on some form of contraceptive pill since I was 15, tried 3 different type stuff of combined pill until going on this one about 3 years ago 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.