Irregular bowel movements for several weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Several weeks ago started having hard stools with white specs in them . If I had looser stools, no white specs . I had one night of cramping and ten diarrhea . Went away but seemed to get backed up again. So Sunday evening decided to take Dulcolax to help move things . Had the worst pain ever that night . Don’t recommend it . Almost passed out . Anyway, since then, my bowels have been very loose . Yesterday seemed almost normal but today , I’ve been to the bathroom at least 5 times . I suffer from anxiety and this makes me think I have Colon cancer . No blood , no thin stools . Mainly irregularity and very noisy stomach , I had a colonoscopy 4 years ago and no polyps were found . I just want to stop worrying . Can’t get in with my gastro dr. Until mid June . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ! Thx 

Report this

❤ 0

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Madcha I know mid June is a long time to wait when you are going through this I also have health anxiety not a fun way to live life I'm not a health care professional but hopefully no pain or weight loss unexplained eases your mind could be something like colitis or diverticulitis I had lymphocytic colitis which doesn't turn into cancer and 90 days of steroids took care of it and it was mostly loose stools

• Posted

From what I've been told or read, tumours take a few years to grow and as your colonoscopy was ok, then that might ease your concerns. I'm not a medical person so suggest you keep on asking your Dr until you get everything sorted. Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.