Irregular constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've been prescribed cosmocol by gp does anybody else have this it was for irregular bowel movement.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Susan I went to see whether I should be taking extra fibre by supplement I do eat a lot of fibre but think I need a supplement as well and Cosmocol was what I was prescribed,
  • Posted

Hi Christie, l was prescribed Cosmocol to take but found it made me bloated, with painful wind. I've chosen to try using ground flaxseed & also used oat bran instead (wheat based things don't suit me at all). So far l find the oat bran best, it helps keep me regular with almost no bloating or wind. Still drink as much as possible & take probiotic daily, unfortunately we all seem to respond differently to these things so good luck with finding something that works for you

• Posted

Thank you everybody so far so good but it I cant get on with it I will try fibergel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.