irregular hart beat

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 52 and started getting a irregular hart beat a couple of years ago, I've had it for the past 6 days all day and night. Any body had this for this long? I'm a quadraplegic in a wheelchair.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kev I am 55 year old woman i also have had these irregular or ectopics for 7 months day and night been to a&e 4 times seen cardiologist about 8 times given betablockers which dont work but still here so i presume its ok im have a stress test soon will let u know how i get on just dont panic.

• Posted

Thanks Ingrid  I take Flecanide 200mg slow release in the morning and 50mg at night but not sure that it is doing much.  Cheers  ps Life is all good for me
  • Posted

If you are experiencing Ectopic beats then yes I have had long spells like this.  For me helps getting lots of sleep along with eating very light meals and avoiding any type of stress where at all possible. You may feel they wil never stop and worrying doesn't help at all but mine do abate. Hope this is some comfort to you. 

• Posted

Thank you Abuabu  Funny it came wright last night and is fine today.  Cheers
    • Posted

Thats great. Just remember if it starts again dont get too stressed understanding it can go away and first try to get as much sleep as you can. 

Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.