Irregular heart beats

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else have irregular beats when going from a standing up position to lying down. My heart freaks out a little, skipped beats, fast slow etc I'll usually sit up and cough that helps. I have gotten all checked out (ECG, heart echo and monitor) doc says all good. Caught some PVCs and skipped beats, but says it's all normal.

I'm so glad I found this site: when I'm having a particularly rough day with my heart I always come here to read and talk with you guys. It's so hard to believe nothing is wrong with my heart when it doesn't feel like it. Anybody have any other advice? Should I seek even more answers from docs?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My doctor said the same thing. But I've had a triple bypass about 6 years ago so maybe I just worry about it more than I should. Gonna get a monitor next week. I think he's doing it just to make me feel better though. Can't help but worry about it though. It's my motor , not his.
  • Posted

Dear Anna

Sorry to read about your worries regarding your heart.

I must admit I haven't noticed the arrhythmia in my heart when changing positions, but a lot of other people seem to have experienced this.

I did feel when I first started getting them that being in a certain position(sitting leaning forward),did help ease the condition,but over time this seems to have worn off.

As you have had some tests and these indicate your heart is healthy try not to worry (not easy I know) but there's nothing wrong with pushing for more if you think it would help put your mind at rest.

Good luck.

Gap

• Posted

Hi I haven't been diagnosed but since having my son is went severely dizzy for 30 days now upon standing my heart rate goes to 126 ect .

My bp monitor has picked up irregular heart beat about 6 times each time after standing to sitting in get a warm liquid burning in my chest all the time this morning I work up unable to breathe for no reason I was numb and my eyes was blurry and I've never had anything like it I do suffer anxiety and panic but this was awful it was intense and different I checked my bp and heart rate they was both high my hr was 144 ! I don't know what to do I had a heart ultrasound in 2013 for my heart just randomly racing and also had a 24 hour holter again as old all OK but they didn't reasurre me very well after saying it could be a electrical problem I'm so worried I don't feel right and I don't know if it's anxiety or heart problem

• Posted

Also my heart rate is 118 let's say while standing ill sit down and it'll drop to 86 within a minute

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.