Irregular heartbeat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, my name is Kristi. I'm a 40 year old female. hypertension and bad hearts run in my family. anyway about four years ago I was referred to a cardiologist because my doctor had noticed continuously high blood pressure readings. saying I was too young for hypertension, she referred me to a cardiologist to test me to see if there was any other causes. basically he deemed it hereditary hypertension, not picking up on any possible causes but an echocardiogram showed my heart was slightly enlarged and an ecg showed "slight abnormalities ". he put me on a low dose of hypertension medication and and said my blood pressure must have been high for a while which was probably what caused the enlargement of the heart. he asked me to come back in a year for another echocardiogram. I went back for the other one (this one took place about two or three years ago.) it showed my heart had reduced in size but was still a bit on the big side. I have a bp monitor at home. just a cheap one I ordered online but it will show the irregular heartbeat symbol pretty regularly. should I be worried and see a doctor again? also when it shows my heart rate it seems like my heart rate will increase with very little exertion and stay high. for example I moved house recently which involved going up a flight of steps pretty often during the move, when I checked my bp the next morning, my heart rate was still 95bpm. while that may not be on the abnormally high side, it seems pretty high. should I be worried and get another cardiologist referral?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.