Irregular heartbeat anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

So ive had anxiety for 7 or 8 years and I usually get in these phases when I get anxious about symptoms and afraid of disease etc. Ive been fine for awhile but recently found a lump in my foot and was freaking out and went to the doctor, well at the doctor I was also very anxious. I got my vitals, normal blood pressure and the nurse says she hears an irregular heartbeat. I say could it be anxiety? And she said no that wouldnt give me an irregular heartbeat. So now im freaking out more and she tells the doctor. The doctor comes in and tells me my breathing sounds fine heart sounds okay that she cant hear anything and then diagnoses my foot and lets me go. Should I be worried about an irregular heartbeat? The nurse seemed convinced and kept listening to me taking my pulse etc, the doctor didnt seem concerned. Could it have been because of anxiety? Should I go back?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

MY AGE IS 89 and I HAVE HAD AN IRREGULAR HEART BEAT FOR ABOUT 30 years so stop worrying now!

• Posted

Yo no need to worry about it. Yes may be it's because of anxiety but it's not 100% sure.

But yes you should go back again and check again to doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.