Irregular period after covid vaccine

Posted , 5 users are following.

i got my vaccine about two weeks ago and i started my period 4 days ago. usually my period is heavy the first two days, then lightens up throughout the days. i had terrible cramping 2 days before my period, and then spotted for about two days. the next day i had heavy clotting rather than a flow, and its kinda been spotty ever since. im on BC and use condoms so im not worried about it being a miscarriage, i just wanted to see if anyone else had irregular cycles after they got the vaccine

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yeah i had my 1st vaccine in january followed by a heavy period then was late by 2 weeks on my following one also heavy when it eventualy came and now late again after 2nd dose so i also wonder if this has affected my cycle too

• Posted

i was worried i was the only one. theres like no articles saying that the vaccine can throw off your cycle so i didnt know whether to call my gyno or not. I got the johnson and Johnson vaccine and so i didnt know if it was because its a one dose vaccine and more potent that it can throw everything off. if you get the chance, keep me updated when your cycle goes back to normal

• Posted

Hi, a bit late to this post but I got the Astrazeneca vaccine in June, got my period 9 days after. It was more of light bleeding/spotting rather than a proper period. And have been spotting ever since; 21 days and counting. May I know how long did your last? I had a myomectomy about a year ago so initially was wondering if it's to do with that but then I came across your post here and one another about irregular/long periods after getting the jab. I still can't find any concrete information about it being a side effect. But a bit relieved to see I am not alone. Thank you.

• Posted

hi omg im so glad i wasnt the only one. honestly my cycle was all out of sorts for about a month. if i remember correctly i had it for about a week and a half almost two weeks, but even my cycles after that werent normal. i was googling like crazy trying to find concrete evidence as well with no luck, but i did find some reddit forums of people having the same problems!! i truly believe its a solid side effect of the vaccine since its happened to so many, it'll just take a bit for researches to make it a solid one with studies.

• Posted

I can understand where your coming from as I feel I have experienced the same and with speaking to friends its affected there cycles too. I noticed a change when I had my 1st jab as my period was heavy for a longer period but didnt think too much of it. then after my 2nd jab, I had to speak to the doc and at one point I nearly went to AnE but the heaviness n serious clotting subsided ( sorry tmi ) . I 100% believe it affects ur cycles, as there are reports online of women vocalising it and experiences of my friends. I have reported it to the yellow card scheme and I'm sure it will come out at some point as an official side effect. my heart goes out to all that are affected and I hope your symptoms ease quickly as I know it's such a horrid thing to experience.

• Posted

I had the Pfizer shot. Nothing changed after the first shot but my period after the second shot was early. I am 37 years old and I have always been very regular with cycles between 28 and 30 days. My first cycle after the second shot was 25 days long and the next cycle was 22 days long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.