irregular periods

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

I am a 19 year old girl, not sexually active or on birth control, but I have been having what I think are irregular periods. I don't know if I am over reacting though and it is actually all normal!

My longest cycle was 47 days (a year ago), and my previous have been 29 days, 31 days, 26 days, 23 days, 39 days, 30 days and currently 41 days (and no period yet). They have also become pretty light compared to how they were a couple of years ago (and they also always used to be 32 days without adjusting.

They are not at all painful, just light. I get severe bloating most of the time too, although not sure if that is related?

Could be something and nothing but I would appreciate any advice about whether I should get this checked further, or what it could be!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Go see a doctor about your hormones. You may have an imbalance with them. I started noticing my periods being light and showing up at different times. And now I'm having one that's lasted almost two weeks. I was scared to go to the doctor but she was very helpful and I've had a blood test but she wants me to get checked out for possible polycystic ovary syndrome also. Do not let the doctors dismiss that everything is fine. if it's not normal for you then keep persisting. it'll put your mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.