Irregular periods after Steroid Injection - help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a cortisone steroid injection in my shoulder in May 2017 and then again in September 2017. After the first one I didn't experience any side effects I was aware of, but after a couple of weeks or so after the second one in September (where the doctor said he gave me a dose big enough for a hip) I had an early period. I didn't think much of it, but since that point I have had periods with a maximum space of 2 weeks apart but mainly a 4 days to a week apart. After hormone tests and scans the doctor said it's just my cycle. I rang the drug company and they have told me that irregular periods are an uncommon side effect of the drug, but they can't tell me anything else legally. It's been just over 3 months now and it's really getting me down. I assume it's due to the relation of hormone production and it's causing my periods to go haywire- but I'm not sure what kind of professional will be able to tell me how to rectify it. I don't really want to start putting more hormones (I'm not currently on birth control)n my body but I will if I need to to put a stop to the periods! 

Anyone had a similar experience? How long does it last? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I had an allergic reaction to a poisonous plant a month ago and had to get a cortisone injection in my bottom and have had my period every other week for the past month with crazy mood swings and hairloss. Im trying to find out how long this will last, bc it is horrible. Have you found any information? Are you still experiencing irregular periods?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.