Irrigation with perforated ear drum

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone.

I have a hole in my right ear drum and recently the doctor did some irrigation to remove ear wax. Water came into my middle ear and I could taste the water in my throat as she was doing it.

This was 1 month ago. I've had reduced hearing and a "full" feeling in my ear since. I also sometimes feel some (extremely sticky) liquid droop around... also have intensified tinnitus (a high-pitch ringing sound)

Things I tried:

• High dose of vitamin B
  • 1 week of Medrol (no effect)
  • 1 week of Sofradex drops (no effect)

Around 1 week ago I had a small increase in hearing and felt something "pop", but since then it sort of went back to the status quo.

ENT here in The Netherlands doesn't seem to know what to do, other than scheduling me for a hearing test and then a procedure to close my eardrum. But I know this won't result in getting my hearing back...

Did anyone else have this issue? Is a sensible diagnosis "Glue ears" and that this possibly would heal itself within 3 or so months?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Michiel

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.