Irritable Bowel Syndrome and You

Posted , 5 users are following.

Best treatment is to take High concentration of Vitamin B complex, probiotic capsules (contain 20 billion friendly bacteria or more) and Colpermin IBS relief capsules, best on the market., since the give no after taste as they release directly in the small intestine. This treatment I am able to manage my condition quite well, at its height I was loosing 6 to 8 litres of fluids a day, now I have one or two bough's of loose bowel. More energy and a better quality of life, since I spent months looking for good information on the net so to grab back normality. Sure, I have tried lots of the usual prescribed medicines for the past 4 years or so but doctors are sympathetic but not knowledgeable as their patience. Some people will say Mebeverine tablets work best for them and others their favourite. So go out there and find what gives you the best relief to your condition, as we are all different.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for this information, is your IBS associated with diarrhea or constipation?

I have been suffering from IBS-C (constipation) for some 7 years now and I really could not figure it out what would help me ....

• Posted

Try slippery elm capsules from health food shops. I had IBS C for years but have now gone the other way. I used to take these capsules as they line the intestine and make everything work a bit smoother.
  • Posted

I also have suffered from ibs symptoms for 2 years and have finally been diagonised with it recently e.g. flatulence, constipation, my mother told me to try drinking a actimel once a day because apparently they put good bacteria in your gut and outweigh the bad bacteria, so I have started on them and I will let you know how they are going.  Also the doctor gave me some laxatives to take to ease the constipation and that seemed to help alot as my bowels do not seem to be so bunged up.  Also I am going to see a dietician/nutrionist soon to discuss my diet, so I am feeling positive that this could be a life changer.

I would recommend going to see your doctor about your ibs and see what he could do for you, as my doctor has helped me alot.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.