Irritable bowel syndrome experience and symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can you tell me what was your experience and symptoms of ibs and do you know if it is possible to have it if your father or mother had it

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have ibsc, I get very bunged up bowels and take a bowel softener which helps! You can get similar problems to ivf if there is a family history of bowel difficulties. Mine is also stress related so under times of really bad stress I can end up unable to eat!
  • Posted

If a family member has IBS, you are three times as likely to get it.  My brother had IBS and I also have it. His IBS caused him to take to his bed with terrible stomach pain. His trigger was potato. His IBS has now gone.  My IBS is not as bad and I can function as normal even with stomach pain, constipation and diarrhoea. I have no food triggers.  Mine is stress related so I don't expect to get rid of it. , 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.