Irritable bowl syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was traveling around Asia and started having Diarrhea 5 days ago and stopped after taking immedoium , Its been 2 days now

and i have problems go to the bathroom. i can feel the need to go but nothing comes put and i have to push hard and a small

amount thats pasty comes out. it all started when i had sushi (which i have been earing it before).

need help as i wont be back in the US until 3 more days

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It may have been food poisoning from the sushi which may have been off. After diarrhoea, you will have emptied your bowel so you will have problems going for a few days. Imodium will also cause this. Wait a week and ease back into fruit to get your bowel working again. If no better after this, see a doctor for advice.

• Posted

Hi mikeny, the key is not to get dehydrated, drink lots of clear fluid, water is best. If you can get some salt replacement type drinks, even if you can't eat something with just vitamins and minerals and water and essential salts in might help. Avoid fish i suggest. Be really guarded what you eat. Good luck, hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.