Irritated eye. Not dry eye syndrome?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 2 weeks I'm pretty sure, I've had an irritated eye. I roll my eye and it feels like there is an object in the top left corner of my left eye. After i roll that eye, i continue to feel something. I have tried to flush out my eye and no luck. Eyedrops, no luck. Any ideas what this may be? I don't want to visit my optometrist for no reason but i will if i have a serious condition. I do have contact lenses but I broke the left one before this occurred. Note: I do not have problems with my right eye and in my left eye, it is partially red but that is the same as the right one.

Thanks if you can answer this!

😃

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How exactly did you break the contact lens? Maybe some part of it got stuck inside your eye.

I once had a small wooden splinter in my eye, I got it while walking in a strong wind. I tried to flush it out for a few days but it didn't help. So I called the closest optometrist, explained the situation and she said that I can visit her any time without waiting in a queue. So I did, and she rolled my upper lid inside out and got the splinter out in just 5 seconds.

She told that the splinter was small but slightly sharp therefore it got caught under the lid and could not be washed out. I paid her just the standard visiting price which in our country is about 4 Euros.

So, I suggest you to do a quick visit to your optometrist - maybe it will turn out to be really quick fix, as it was in my case.

• Posted

I pushed a bit hard when putting the contact in my case. Thank you very much for spending your time to write a long and informative message. I hope your eye didn't get damaged.

• Posted

You could have a corneal abrasion which could get infected. Don't wear contact lenses for at least a week and put preservative free lubricating eye drops in your eye 3 times a day. If it doesn't get better go and see your eye doctor.

• Posted

Thanks for the diagnosis. I will get the lubricated eye drops from the chemist tomorrow. Thanks for the informative message as well. I appreciate it! 😃

• Posted

It wasn't a diagnosis just a suggestion, I have had a few corneal abrasions myself and it feels like there is something in my eye. But like I said, if it feels like it isn't getting better when you aren't wearing lenses, you need to it checked by a doctor.

I have also had allergic conjunctivitis which feels like there is something in your eye, but that usually affects both eyes.

• Posted

Two weeks is too long to wait for change. Please do see the eye doctor. Eyes are not to be messed with.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I saw the optometrist and got lubricated eye drops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.