Irritated Labia- please help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am posting on here as I am starting to lose hope and am willing to try anything. Back in November I was experiencing extreme itchiness and burning in the vulva region to the point where I couldn't walk really. My Dr prescribed me fluconazole 1 dose and terconazole suppository. After finishing the suppository itchiness still persisted, she thought it might be bacteria so she prescribed me metronidazole suppository. After that itching and burning persisted so she did in person swabs twice, everything came back normal, no yeast no bacteria. She said it looked a little red and told me it is most likely contact dermatitis so prescribed me a mixture cream of hydrocortisone and nystatin. Went to gynaecologist and he thought the same thing just telling me to moisturize the area with Cerave moisturizer. I have changed my underwear to all cotton. Using different detergent. No soaps, patting dry and using hairdryer on low. I was using diaper rash cream and vaseline for a bit to keep it moisturized but nothing seems to help. I am taking probiotics as well. Some days are better than others, I can sit and lay down no problem but when I get up and start moving its like the friction aggravates it. There are no real appearance changes just a little red. No abnormal discharge or smells. Just itchy and irritated when walking. The itch dows seem to be between the folds of the labia. Not shaving down there almost makes it worse as the hair seems to irritate even further. Not sure what more to do, I am in my 20s feeling hopeless as the persistant itch and burn can become so uncomfortable.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.