Irritating pain behind ear into head and neck, left side. Related to glasses?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

Sorry if this seems a bit daft, but I am actually very worried, but wanted to see if I am over-reacting before I try to get to see a GP. I am a 58 year old woman,

I have "dents" behind each ear where my glasses arm sits, had them for years and they never bother me. Opticians have always said nothing to worry about.

In December I got new specs as my prescription had changed. They were adjusted and fit well. However over past couple of weeks I have felt more pressure behind my ears, so have been taking them off with intention of going to get them re-adjusted. However, last week the pressure was so intense on the left side only it was causing significant discomfort which still exists despite me not having worn them for over a week. It feels like there is a key point midway between the earlobe level and middle of cervical spine where there is a point that feels very deep from which pain comes, which radiates down the left side of my neck - again it feels more internal structurally and most definitely not a stiff neck or torticollis. I am getting worried as it isn't responding to painkillers, I can't feel any lymph nodes - but to be honest not sure what I am feeling for. That side feels a tad warm, but no more than the other side - I think!

When I lie down, it feels like my entire neck is congested, it feels solid like there is huge pressure. I am really getting worried, I don't want to disturb GP unnecessarily with all the Covid measurements, but neither do I want to think I am just being overly anxious and potentially do myself more harm. I also think the glasses may just be a red herring.

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.