Irritation after sex????

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anybody else have irritation after they've had sex since entering perimenopause???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes and sex is getting uncomfortable for awhile now i try to avoid having sex and make up excuses, i don't stay lubricated and it gets irritated for a few days after sex

• Posted

Hi Kim, Peri-menopause can cause women to experience vaginal dryness, also can cause a narrowing of the vagina as you get further along into menopause(solutions for that) there are personal moisturizers/lubrication for dryness for regular daily use...also lubricants specifically for pre/meno/post women for during sex...if you're still having issues consult your Dr or nurse practitioner for other solutions, Good Luck🍀

• Posted

I don't have irritation, i just feel like my hormones are out of wack worse. then it settles a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.