irritation all over body at night

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with WM and am on watch and wait.Again, I am getting up from bed because I can't stand the twitching irritation I can feel all over my body.I can't call it an itch, it is as though  there is something in my blood  (which there is) making me feel like irritable leg syndrome but all over my body.Three doctors and my haemotologist have dismissed it saying "well I don't know what that is" - Surely SOMEONE knows what this is and can give me something for relief ? I am on iron tablets but nothing else at the moment.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie. What is WM? I usually look up those things online, so I could do some research if I knew what the name of the disease is. It sounds very irritating, nd impossible to get sleep.I hope you find a solution to the problem.

harrishill

• Posted

Waldenström's macroglobulinemia (WM), also known as lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma, is a type of cancer affecting B cells, a type of white blood cell. The main attributing antibody is immunoglobulin M (IgM). WM is an "indolent lymphoma" (i.e., one that tends to grow and spread slowly).

• Posted

Hi Jackie. Thanks for giving me the diagnosis. Now I see where the itching comes from I have Polycythemia Vera, Most of us with PV have itching, worse after a shower before bed. My mom had Myloproliferative type cancer. She also had intense itching. It seems to me, that anything to do with an increse in red or white cells causes the itching. I suspect Mom had PV abd it devloped into the cancer because the disease wasn't treated. I am being treated with meds, and it may take longer for it to develop into cancer.I have been diagnosed for five yrs now. I don't always itch, but certain meds I may have to take from time to time seem to make me itch. I just live with it, and try to identify which drug caused the worse itching. Some doctors recommen things to treat itching. I haven't bothered to do that. I wish you less itching, and to have a good healthy future.

harrishill. 

• Posted

Well if they told you WM, they they know what it is ... WM it is. 

So, why is your doctor not treating you for WM ? 

• Posted

The'Wait and watch' policy is often used for different types of non aggressive lymphoma where symtoms are not too problematic, and the idea is that waiting to start the various possible treatments does not affect final outcome.  I personally would hate the wait and watch approach  . . . Id want to get in there and try to stop the disease. . . but the doctors probably know what they are doing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.