Irritation before period please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I hope I've put this in the right place. I really need some help and hope I'm not the only one because I certainly feel like it. A year ago out of the blue I started to get irritation and soreness below around 3-4 days before my period, about 2 days into my period the irritation stops. it was so bad I couldn't wear underwear under my clothes, I stopped using bath stuff I even sat on ice multiple times. This went on for a few months then I saw I gyno. They did test all fine and a scan which revealed I had cysts on both ovaries after months of checking they think the cysts were down to ivf treatment I had years ago and my hormones and linked the irritation with the cysts. I googled and found nothing about this. they put me on the mini pill to stop my periods and though it didnt do that I still get periods each month it did stop the irritation.

I thought it was cured until this month I got it again only this time after my period and not as bad. my partner has also said he sometimes feels sore after intercourse but only when I have this irritation never any other time (I only have intercourse if I know it's pretty much completely subsided bit there must still be something there that irritates us. I'm completely baffled by this and I really hope it's not starting again I cant deal with it again. it was so bad last time I could barley walk it was that painful. my doctor said something about our bodies change during cycles and can give of some sort of acid type thing I'm so sorry I cant remember the exact words he used. has anyone else had this and how do you cope. please help me. thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.