Irritation following cystoscopy 5 days ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello there,

Back in November I had a really bad UTI. After 3 courses of antibiotics I still had irritation in my urethra and a feeling of needing to pee all the time. I would describe it as a constant tickle like sensation. My GP was at a loss as dipstick tests and urine cultures showed no infection. I was sent for an ultrasound scan which was all clear and showed smooth bladder walls. As my symtoms continued I had a cytoscopy 5 days ago. The urologist said that nothing sinister was seen and all looked well however he did a procedure to "stretch" my urethra. My concern is that 5 days later I am feeling irritation in my urethra along with a constant tickle like feeling of needing to pee all the time. I'm hoping this is just irritation following the procedure and am hoping someone can reassure me that this will eventually pass? The irritation is at its worse after I've just had a pee. When Iie on my back it feels better and when lying on my left side the irritation is at its worse. Any thoughts or reassurance? Thanks for reading smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully it will soon pass , drink plenty of fluids, water is probably best. Try not to drink alcohol or acidic juices. See if your GP has any suggestions , it's possible that it's after effects of the procedure and will clear up soon. Try pain relief for any discomfort. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply David, I really do appreciate it. I hope it is just irritation and passes eventually. I just don't understand why I have this constant feeling! All the best smile

• Posted

PeanutButtercup, I'm so sorry about your situation. I sincerely hope you will be on the mend soon.

• Posted

Hey! I have had a similar experience. Feel irritated after Cystoscopy (rigid one) which was done for an investigation. Did yours pass? 

Thanks! smile 

• Posted

Hi there

I had the exact same issues (constant uti symptoms - mainly feeling the urge to wee all the time) for about three months. Tests and scans all negative. Had cystocopy 6 days ago and they also stretched my urethra and I had a catheter in for three hours or after. After the initial two days of stinging my symptoms have now returned (the same

As before) but worse. What happened to you after? Did your symptoms get better? How are you feeling now? Look forward to hearing from you. 

Bella 

• Posted

Hi there! I had symptoms like that for 2 months, so the urologist did a Cystoscopy to see what was going on/ check for any abnormalities. No abnormalities to worry about apart from some glomerulations on bladder wall when it was stretched. I have a follow up in 3 months, haven’t been labelled with anything yet but now trying D mannose once a day to see if it will get rid of this feeling as mine all started following a routine urine Infection. I tried D mannose for a week before my Cystoscopy and it helped hugely, all my symptoms went. But since Cystoscopy, symptoms have returned. I had it almost 3 weeks ago.. think it irritated my recovering bladder! Hopefully it will settle smile. How did your symptoms start? 
  • Posted

Hi there

I had the exact same issues (constant uti symptoms - mainly feeling the urge to wee all the time) for about three months. Tests and scans all negative. Had cystocopy 6 days ago and they also stretched my urethra and I had a catheter in for three hours or so after. After the initial two days of stinging my symptoms have now returned (the same

As before) but worse. What happened to you after? Did your symptoms get better? How are you feeling now? Look forward to hearing from you. 

Bella 

• Posted

How did this go in the long run for you?

I've had the exact same results after a cystoscopy about 11 months ago now. The pain has only gotten worse over time and I am wondering what you experience has been since then as well.

jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.