is 20mg of cymbalta good?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i been preseed cymbalta 20mg yeseday fo my depresion and anixety. i took it today and it did help some what today ,i did get dy month and nassua but it did go away. do you think i need a higher dose ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Thatsup to your doctor. You should be going into see him monthly to make sure the drug is working and if not he will figure out the best plan. Hang in there
  • Posted

Hi,

I would say your Doctor has you on a starter dose.  I would continue to do as the Doctor prescribed and go back to see him in a few weeks or when he suggested you do.

I am currently on 60 mgs and finding that quite helpful for depression and pain.  Good luck to you.

• Posted

As the others have suggested, your GP will sort out the correct doseage for you, hopefully 20mg is enough to keep you well, so you won't have too many problems if/or when you have to stop/reduce them in the future x
  • Posted

Hi this is the 2 day i am taking it and i already see a improvement!

i guess the commerial is right depresion hurts cymbalta can help

i tired effctor and it was bad ,made me more nervous

• Posted

That's great. Just be very careful if you try to come off it. It wasn't a good choice for me. Made the headaches worse and I was always exhausted. I would like to be off all meds but sadly the depression gets out of control quickly and I need the meds. The dr is trying me on pristiq again. We are only dealing with the depression not the fibro pain this time. I will manage the fibro pain on my own. I'm glad you're feeling better already. That's great news. Enjoy.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear it is not helping your headaches.  That is one of the main reasons I stay on Cymbalta.

i suffer extreme daytime tiredness and have worked it out it has to be the Cymbalta that is causing it.  When I have increased the dose my tiredness is far worse, that's hey I am back down to 60mg now.  Any less my headaches will get worse.

It is so hard to get just the right drug that suits us in every way.  

I hope you will be fine on the Pristique.

• Posted

I am so pleased you feel better after two days, that is super fast.  I would just keep on with 20 mgs and go back to the Doctor when he said to.

Good on you.

• Posted

Hi can i drink beer while on cymbalta ?

my 21 birthday coming up and i want a can of beer 

• Posted

I would say yes within moderation.  To be certain ask your Doctor.  Of course make sure you do not drive or operate machinery as the packet instructs.

if by chance you had too much to drink I would not take my Cymbalta that one night.

But that is my opinion as a lay person, if you are unsure, please ask your Doctor.

Wishing you many happy returns and I hope it won't be too long before you are well again.

• Posted

I've never stopped drinking alcohol, and wasn't advised to either..... Been taking 50mg twice a day for over 5 years!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.