Is 25mg of Sertaline enough to help anxiety?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hoping to hear some success stories on 25mg for anxiety, as I can’t increase my dose until I have time off work over Christmas (due to struggling with side effects) and want to feel semi normal again! This is day 30 on 25mg. I tried a week on 50mg but struggled with bad side effects and couldn’t work for a couple of days. I went back to work today which added to my anxiety, after having time off. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was prescribed 0.25 of Alprazolam (generic for Xanax) because I get anxious when I fly. But, can't get to Hawaii driving....😕l wish... I only took 1/2 tabs as I was going to be driving knee we landed. After that l took them when my very energetic 2 year old granddaughter was spending the night. I was only given 8 tabs total. I am out. Stress tea works for me though. My husband takes 50mg of Sertraline & his sister was given 25 mg. She had terrible side effects & stopped taking them altogether. Praying you get the relief you seek.

• Posted

Hi

Read your comment on 25mg of stertraline.

I am due to start the same dose today from coming off citropam for 5 years

I feel so anxious on the side effects plz could u tell me if they work x

• Posted

Hi Victoria

I have just started on stertraline 25mg a week ago as was on 40mg of citropram and it stopped working after about 6 yrs

I am on day 9 on 25mg of stertraline

• Edited

Hi there,

I was very careful starting sertraline as I have read many negative reviews. I suffer from the type of anxiety that gives me all crazy physical symptoms such as weekness, dizziness, lightheaded - you name it I've got it. When my gp recommended this med I wasn't sure if I needed to use it. 25mg took away all the sickening symptoms that I was living with for years and years. Tried 50mg and it does not agree with me. So, 25mg is just right for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.