Is 3 weeks on increase to soon to feel better??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have increased my dose to 50mg per day after being on 40mg for 10 weeks and not feeling much better.  I have been on the increased dose for 3 weeks now and still feel rubbish!! Although I have had a few days that I have felt a little better and I am sleeping a little better, today has been awful so far!!  Is 3 weeks too soon to feel the benefit of the increased dose?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When I first took flu I waited and counted days down till I would feel better, expecting symptoms to get better can only make you feel disappointed. Someone on here told me this: a drug which is not a natural part of the human make up (synthetic) is going to be resisted by the body to the highest level especially when it affects the most important organ in the body the brain. Side effects are inevitable until the body adjusts and accepts the medication, try to be patient your body needs to adjust to the new dose, being anxious will exaserbate how you feel. Keep talking on here it really helps but stick with it
    • Posted

Thank you, I just feel like there is no end in sight!  Although I can feel some kind of change but I don't know what!!  I worry that the increase in anxiety is not the side effects but me getting worse!  Its just a never ending circle, I have been on 5 different antidepressants and not had much joy with any of them so I am really hoping this one works!

• Posted

Yes, first few weeks can be hard work then it eventually settles
  • Posted

Hi, just wondering how things are. . I was increased to 60mg and 4weeks in don't notice any change. P doc wants to change med but I am hoping things turn around soon :-)

• Posted

hi after 7 days on 60mg i went back to 40mg i couldnt handle the extra anxiety, i felt i was dying daily, and i hated taking xanax, made me feel workse, now 7 days back on 40mg im barely feeling how i was before but i still feel nasty. i have terrible muscle aches, constant panic daily , i feel as if my anxiety is now with me 24/7..dont know what to do, and i know that if i go to the doc he will tell me to get on the 60mg or else ill never know.
  • Posted

Hi all I have now been at 60mg for 3 weeks, the side effects were not nice to start with but they didn't last too long. I definitely feel better not 100% but getting there slowly, Jesika it is worth sticking out the side effects if you can xx

• Posted

Hey there, I have good days and not so good days but I'm hopefully going in the right direction.  How about you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.