Is a mixture of apple cider vinegar and peppermint oil good for my hair

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've experienced a little hair loss and I've been reading some articles saying that rinsing my hair with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water and essential oil is good for my hair. I like the smell of peppermint oil but I wonder if a combination of apple cider vinegar and peppermint oil? is ok? Does it harm my hair?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Dear Fred,

I have alopecia so I realise that losing hair isnt a nice thing. The truth is that there is no fix for hair loss. Its cruel that people put lotions and potions on the internet. You end up spending a fortune on a lie. If you're going to try any thing , use the C1 caffeine shampoo for men. You can get it in most supermarket, superdrug, boots etc. The most important thing is to try not to worry. That can increase hair loss. Its not easy. Maybe pop to your doctor too. Let me know how you get on 😊

• Posted

HI Amanda have you checked you are not Coeliac
    • Posted

Hi Valeria.

I have alopecia ariarta, stress related due to cronic pain. I see a dermatologist. Im interested in your question, why do you ask ? 😊

• Posted

I lost my hair twice and then had a test to see if I had Coeliac disease I was told I had and to keep off gluten and wheat since then my hair is growing back and stopped coming out I had tried so many things with no results.

I am so glad it is growing back.

Good luck to you

• Posted

How interesting. My hair has fallen out twice too. When I was 16 and then when I was in my later twenties, Ive been mostly bald ever since ( im now 40) I also have hyper pigmentation all over my face which is connected to the alopecia. I will definitely talk to my dermatologist about your info. Thank you very much. I hope you enjoy full lovely locks for many years to come. Take care. Amanda 🤗

• Posted

Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has many benefits which you can see online. I wouldn’t put peppermint in as it may alter the ph balance. I know the smell isn’t great but most people say you can’t smell it onc3 rinsed out. I shampoo my hair after an acv rinse. 
    • Posted

If you don't mind asking Jenny, do you have alopecia or thinning hair ?

The reason I ask is because I tried AVC but had no luck. My dermatologist said it's not a reliable method.

However, im interested in the results you have had.

Amanda 😊

• Posted

I don’t have aloepecia but a doctor did say they think I had male pattern baldness. I do have thinning hair on my crown. 

Im not advocating ACV to stop hair loss but I think it helps with restoring my PH balance, keep the scalp healthy, I used to have a lot of scalp peeling which has disappeared, removes buildup from hair and scalp. 

• Posted

Ok, thank you for sharing that. I find other people's experiences with different things really interesting. You can never have too much knowledge. I hope it continues to be helpful to you.

Best wishes

Amanda 😊

• Posted

Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for overall health of every person. One apple cider vinegar bottle can cure thousands of diseases including hair loss also. So, use it daily and use it twice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.