Is a negative hiv test after 8 months definite

Posted , 4 users are following.

i stupidly read something online abot hiv laying dormant but every other website ive seen says hiv results are definite after 3 months . i had a test at 11 weeks and 8 or 9 months after sex my results were negative . can i move on ?

why is it that health anxiety makes us second guess everything 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

do you have symptoms or just concrrned ?

• Posted

apparently there is no hiv symptoms so yes juts concerned ?

conflicting info on the internet ? surely it would of been picked up 8 months later

• Posted

im in the same boat had mine at 4weeks then 7 months ab ag test

• Posted

well hopefully someone can ease both our minds x

• Posted

ive read on line that they are conclusive after 3 months and definitly 6 months but my health anxiety still worries

• Posted

test results after 3 months are absolutely final. it doesnt lay dormant, you do NOT have HIV. you are suffering with health anxiety, its how mine started and trust me it gets worse.

PLEASE take it from someone who did this for 2 years! you DO NOT have HIV, use protection going forward, and seek help for your HIV anxiety.

go outside, breathe in the air, smile and move on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.