Is amitryptiline helping???

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello, 4 months ago i was busy with the kids running some errands the weather was extremely hot and i had not been drinking so therefore i had a migraine i dlept it off and next day had really oainfull forehead headache. after 2 weeks it would not go so i went to gp whi told me to go to a&e get checked. they then admitted me for two weeks i had lots of scans and a lumba. all were fine, they then gave me opiates pretty much every day and gabbapentin snd valporate slso had nerve block, they sent me home and i was refered to a headache nurse who explained that all these drugs were making it worse. withdrawing off everything was awful. currently i am on amitriptyline week 9 and thats it, i am taking riboflavin and magnesium now. but i still have tremendous pain all over my head. i just do not know what is happening ive been off work for four months. headache nurse says amitriptyline will get better more i take it. im taking 60mg every night. she wants to give me nerve block next week then alongside the amitriptyline have injectables ie: botox or ajovy. i just font know how one trip to hospital has started all this. i need my life back. apart from this i am healthy, young (35) married with two kids and im just in bed all time.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.