Is anxiety all that's wrong with me?????

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, I am 29 male that has had anxiety for the last three years. I have been really struggling with my anxiety lately with whole new symptoms, I would like to list them and see if anyone else who has this with anxiety, I have been on beta blockers and anti depression as we'll . Which used to work really well but not so much now. 

1, warm headaches on the right side of my head which also affects my right eye

2, I have pains under my right armpit

3, I have pressure on my temples which never goes away

4. I have wind all day which hurts my chest, this dosent move with medication 

5, feel really weak and dizzy

I have had a MRI for my head and everything was fine. Tho I have been to the doctor three times in the last month with the symptoms above but the doctor just says it anxiety. From having anxiety for so long I know how it normally feels but this feels different. If I could get feed back from anyone with my problems above would be great 

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Keith, I too am an anxiety sufferer, i get lots of weird symptoms which sometimes I cannot explain, sometimes I feel like there's electricity running through me. Think the symptoms u have at the moment sound as if you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself which is creating tension in your head...... Migraine type headache u described & pressure pain in temples. Dizziness is a common symptom of anxiety. My anxiety caused me to resign from my job in 2011, I'm back at work now part time & struggling with negative thoughts & symptoms. All I can say is that no matter how I feel when I get up in morning I just let the symptoms b there & get on with my day, as hard as it is what's the alternative ? Stay home & dwell. I think if u just accept your symptoms for now, don't keep thinking bout them, do everything u want to eventually the symptoms will ease & disappear .

Hope you feel better soon & remember it's only symptoms, your body is well 😄

• Posted

Thanks for ur reply Brenda, I know from having anxiety for so long that it's mostly in my head. I try my best to control it but sometime it just gets on top of me. Again thanks for your reply 
    • Posted

Don't even try to control it Keith that causes exhaustion, just let it tag along with you if u know what I mean. Just do normal things, things u enjoy, the anxiety will always b there if u keep thinking bout it.

Try this & c what happens, let me know how u get on 😎

• Posted

Some suggested reading material below to help gain further insight and understanding into your symptoms just plug the search terms into search engine

It's Your Practice: A Patient Guide To GP Services

Medically Unexplained Symptoms - NHS Choices / patient.info

Guidance For Health Professionals on Medically Unexplained Symptoms

Somatisers or Just Plain Medically Misunderstood? - BMJ

DSM-IV: Symptom, Syndrome, Disorder, Disease

Good Clinical Diagnostic Practice - World Health Organisation

Good Clinical Laboratory Practice - World Health Organisation

• Posted

Hi Keith. I really feel for you, it isn't easy dealing with the symptoms but Brenda is right, if you try your hardest to carry on regardless the symptoms in time will lessen. I know from experience that this is not easy but I promise if you do your absolute best things will improve, I'm going through the same thing at the moment but it is definitely getting better....slowly but it is working

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.