Is anxiety causing This?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is anxiety causing a knotted feeling in centre of chest and sort of shallow breathing? I often read about anxiety but never really felt anxious like this!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pinkcatfairy, yes it does come on like that as well. It's a scary feeling, I recall taking St. John's wort for it, it reduced my anxiety attacks that came on exactly as you described. Not sure where you're located but they sell those here at health food stores.

• Posted

Dear Sochima

I'm locatedbin England, thanks will give them a go, I hav eV suffered panic attacks before but this anxiety is new to me, it sort of comes on and I can feel it rising almost as if it will go in to a panic, I do try to control the breathing, thank you for your reply

• Posted

Yes I get that all the time. It's another symptom my dear. Mine feels like something heavy is on my chest.

• Posted

Yes. Doing some meditative breathing can help in the short term.
    • Posted

Yes, thanks I do try to focus on the breathing as I know this is the main source which can turn into a panic attack
  • Posted

That is exactly how I feel and I have to try to tell myself to breathe correctly and more slowly. And to sit up not slouch. I think I must be swallowing air or this is what makes me feel bloated and gassy. The knotty feeling is a good description.

This is what I was prescribed Omeprazole for when I went to the doctors with it. I think it is prescribed to easily. On the omeprazole site a lot of women report side effects including anxiety from it. A very knowledgeable man called Barratts explains it protects the upper stomach from excess acid and is important when prescribed for the right reasons.

• Posted

Yes, I was put on Omeprezole for another peri symptom gastitis, it was OK for a while but gave me worse symptoms than before with excess gas, I went on to zantac after that.
  • Posted

Yes hun, its unfortunately a common peri/meno symptom. I don't get the knotty feeling, & I don't get so bad/often since starting hrt. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.