Is any one know,,,,Free Kidney Transplan in UK?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help me out. urgent...is that possible in UK (free transplantation)

or if patient living in some other country.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No. Non-British citizens have to prove they are entitled to NHS treatment, let alone a transplant. There are hundreds if not thousands waiting for kidneys already.
  • Posted

Agreed with earlier poster this obviously seems like a foriegn speculative question!

You will not be offered a transplant from outside the uk or not a uk national.

For general NHS treatment you would have to prove entitlement.

So I think the answe to your question is No.

• Posted

I agree with previous replies, there is a long long waiting list for people living in the UK and they are entitled to a transplant, unfortunately many die before a donor can be found. No entitlement, no treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.