Is Anybody Finding it Hard to Keep Hope Alive?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been going through severe symptoms of perimenopause for the past three years, and in the last few weeks, in particular, the physical and psychological symptoms have become absolutely debilitating. Here are the symptoms that I am dealing with...

Physical: bloating, alternating lack of appetite with insatiable hunger, numbness, disorientation, GI issues, tingling all over my body with numbness, cold extremities, exhaustion...

Psychological: rage, brain fog, irritability, severe emotional distress, depression, anxiety, obsessiveness, loss of joy, hopelessness...

I just never knew anything could be this severe or take this long to get through. I have tried every med, including HRT, and nothing has even touched this.

I am a healthy person who eats well and exercises daily. I don't have any medical conditions. And even though perimenopause isn't technically a disease, it certainly feels like one.

I have an amazing support network (spouse, mother, close friends), but it is still so hard to get through the day. I feel absolutely shattered by the end of it.

I know that perimenopause can't last forever, but I feel like I am losing my life to this, as I have struggled for so long.

I have every symptom of high estrogen, so I am certain that this is the issue. I just want my hormones to calm down, so I can enjoy the beautiful life that I know I have.

Please share your stories with me:)

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i can certainly relate to what you are saying, i have everything you mentioned above, the worse for me is the anxiety and stomach issues. Plus ive developed high blood pressure and im on meds.

The anxiety makes me feel out of control, fears like something terrible is happening to me. Which raises my bp.

Ive been having stomach issues for two weeks now, bloated, nausea. Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, flatulence. Been to my doctor and says its gastritis and gave me meds to take, i get bouts of hunger and also loss of appetite. Strange stuff. Ive lost weight too. Its so depressing as each new symptoms i spend so much to get checked out only to be said, tests cant see anything.

I want to ask for an endoscopy and colonoscopy for my stomach issues but doctors have told me to wait and see if i get better after the treatment.

Im sure its everything to do with perimenopause, i use to be a happy and carefree person, now its like my life revolves around feeling unwell all the time.

• Edited

omg this is me! im 45 still cycles quite regular 24 days usually about 1 day long last one 3 days long & heavy. i have a 3 month course of hrt but cannot begin to take till i get my next cycle, im praying it helps me & ive only been suffering with all the symptoms youve mentioned for 9 months! ive been in bed for 10 days with total exhaustion (managed to get up for 2 days just about inbetween) just horrendious but no one i know has gone or is going through it! thank god for this forum

• Edited

you are not alone, the whole process is horrific and you wonder if you are ever going to return to your former self

its so scary to feel so out of control of your body and unable to find a solution to feel good - its so over whelming.

rest assured you are not going crazy - i feel exactly the same and am desperate for this to stop - im not ready to feel like an old lady whinging all the time.

i feel so unattractive like ive got old in a blink and am so scared of dying - its ridiculous and makes no sense whats so ever.

it is literally like i woke up one day a different person!!!! its horrible

• Posted

hi

I have tinglying on my arms most of the time sometimes are worse than others. I have had this for 3 1/2 years and is does make you worry a out if its every going to come to an end! I also have little appetite, get very anxious and depressed in therapy for that now. I also get cold chills with goosebumps. hope this makes you feel a little better knowing someone else is experiencing some of the things you have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.