Is anybody have trouble with dry mouth and constipation? Or am I nuts?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had the dry eyes and that passed. At one point it seemed I was producing too much saliva. I would actually have to spit while in the shower. Now this. Maybe stress?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Juanita...any med changes recently? I got dry mouth for a bit when I started migraine med...

• Posted

Was having muscle spasms and the doc put me on generic flexiril. But that was weeks ago and I only take it when I have the spasms. The last one was a week ago and that was the last time I took the meds. Could they still be in my system? Listed in the side effects(very low on the list) were dry mouth and constipation. But it seems like the dry mouth started before the meds.

Ugh! The spasms were caused by stress due to my job and a coworker that has decided she doesn't like me anymore. We went to lunch today with another coworker she didn't acknowledge my presence during the entire lunch. How childish and rude is that? If I asked her to repeat something she said she would just shake her head while looking down.

I have no idea what I have done to this woman. But it's her problem not mine. She's very good friends with my Supervisor and we were all friends, but my Supervisor is not good at sharing and I think she told her some lie and vowed her to silence. I'm 59 I don't have time to deal with such juvenile sh*t.

• Posted

Jeez Juanita! It sounds like you work at a daycare! She is probably intimidated somehow by you. otherwise, she is just an ass! So much for the benefit of the doubt. sounds like your coworker needs exlax brownies...that is awful...sorry...ha,ha!

IDK about that med...I guess if you take as needed and last dose a week ago...maybe not then. Keep lots of hard candies in your bag, that helps. As far as the constipation...I bought powdered magnesium...tastes like raspberry lemonade...very delightful! Supposed to calm my nerves, and send me blissfully to sleep...etc...right... HOWEVER...sends me sprinting to the toilet instead. so now I use only if I am constipated. 😃

• Posted

I think it may have still been in my system. No dry mouth today. Daycare is right! Today she decided to talk to me. Whatever.......😂😂😂😂

• Posted

you can purchase saliva inducing tabs from the chemist - but my advice is water little and often that will also help the constipation. My mum has Sjogrens Syndrome a subsidery after oesteoparosis - she no longer makes bodily fluids such as tears, saliva, always has a bad taste in her mouth and suffers badly with constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.