IS ANYONE AWAKE I NEED SOME REASSURANCE URGENTLY! !

Posted , 12 users are following.

Just woke up with rapid breathing severe shooting pains in left side of arm and on top it then goes on to my heart and I feel sick shaking vigorously can't seem to calm down pains getting worse and I feel all tingly my hearts aching me I keep saying to myself what if this time its something serious and I don't do anything about it because I think it is a panic attack! ! Im petrified to go to sleep now I was doing so well symptom free yesterday for the first time in ages!! Someone please reassure me im been silly I cannot calm down these pains feel different and my heart is beating way too fast it hurts!! So scared!

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also cannot stop shaking I feel sick face and body tingly my heart is racing and my skin feels wet but cold inside if that makes sense! Is this time different I haven't had a panic attack like this before that's what is scaring me the pain is different im petrified just want to be a normal 22year old again hate this, my left breast is tender and really hurting heart feels like it's going to pop out!!
    • Posted

Hey,

Your mid panic attack I promise it's nothing more than that.

I've had many and symptoms are different every time, you'll be fine lovely xx

• Posted

Panic attacks are dreadful to experience.

breathe in slowly(count 5) and out slowly (count 5) 

Do it about five times and concentrate on the breathing.It will subside eventually.

• Posted

Hey Laura

Deep breathing, you're doing fine. Its a panic attack.  I know it's terrible and scary but it will calm down my love.  

• Posted

Thank u for replying it just doesn't feel like a panic attack though it feels different this time I have one type of shooting pain in left shoulder/breast and then a different stronger pain in centre of my chest I almost feel like im going to pass out im so scared of going back to sleep I cannot relax feels like something is sat on my chest stopping me swallowing when I has panic attacks before I ended up in hospital because I was that convinced I was having a heart attack iv had ecgs, blood tests chest x ray and heart enzymes tests all fine but that was then I didn't have pain then I keep thinking they have missed something because they can't tell if im going to have a heart attack they just checking for damage I feel physically sick with worry im crying and shaking its just not going away and the pain definitely feels like its from my heart sad sad sad
    • Posted

Sweetheart that's all symptoms of panics.  It gives us many different symptoms.  I get the central chest pain.  Your muscles are all contracting and squeezing and that is what causes the pain.  Please try deep breathing, slow long deep breaths in through your nose and then slow out of your mouth.  Keep doing that until you have at least got the symptoms under control.  
  • Posted

Hi Laura, you're having a panic attack. I know its horrible and uncomfortable but it will soon pass. Xx Xx
    • Posted

Thank u everyone it just feels so much different at this moment because the pain is so intense and is quite localised to centre of my chest/left arm and right on top and underneath left breast area im just so scared and worried as to why I have had a panic attack if I was asleep can I have a heart attack at 22 even tho they say my hearts healthy im literally petrified don't want to worry my parents by waking them if I was on my own i would of probably rang ambulance by now why isn't it going away it usually only lasts couple of minutes xx
    • Posted

Just when you think you've experienced it all a different pain will arrive to surprise you.  I promise you Laura this will go just like your last panic attacks.  I know it's terrifying but it WILL go.  Just deep breath please, it really does make a difference.  It doesn't solve it all but it DOES help.
    • Posted

Thank u everyone for your kind words i just need to get it out my head its not a heart attack im thinking that because the pain and pressure is different and it came from nowhere im so emotional right now im petrified in going back to sleep incase it happens again trying to deep breath now its helping my heart rate but pain is still there what if it really was a heart attack and I thought it wasn't im been stupid I know but I can't stop thinking about it now I feel sick but scared to be sick incase I pass out iv had 5 ecgs in a month why am I still not reassured its anxiety like they keep telling me xxx
    • Posted

What you are feeling is completely normal when it comes to panic attacks. Please try and believe there is nothing wrong with your heart, but the more you panic the worse you will feel.

Try and listen to some music, to try and relax you. Its hard I know, but you can do it. Xxx

• Posted

Laura in the time you've been talking to us if it WAS a heart attack you'd be dead by now.  You ARE ok, this is a panic attack, it's awful, it's scary, it's confusing but it WILL end.  Just deep taking deep breaths, focus on something in the room you are in, stay in reality, tell yourself you can do this.
    • Posted

Thank u hun just trying to breathe slowly and deeply at minute im just scared incase I pass out or something really daft question how would I know if it was my heart and not panic attack? Because the symptoms are all similar sad xxx
    • Posted

Do you all suffer from panic attacks too? How do u deal with your symptoms and what symptoms do you get? Thank you ladies for reassuring me xxx
    • Posted

You would know because you wouldn't be able to talk to us as you are doing now, You WOULD know, it would be instinct. 
    • Posted

Yes sweetie, I have suffered from panics since I was 18 (now 40) on and off of course.  I live a full happy life however.  I could write a book with the symptoms.  Unable to breath properly, chest pains, dizziness, limbs feeling numb or tingling, burning sensations, feeling just not here, pain in all areas of body, heart pouinding, heart skipping beats, worrying thoughts about dying etc etc
    • Posted

Throat closing, I even get my oesophagus aching, weird as it sounds.
    • Posted

I get panic attacks often and they seem to come out of nowhere,but usually It is because of worry that I am ill,so that in turn makes me panic.

They are dreadful because they disrupt your life,but they do not kill you.

listen to whatever music you enjoy.It really can help.

• Posted

My instincts are all over telling me I need to get to a and e now but feel a bit calmer its my heart that feels like its skipping a beat then doubling up the pains going to my back I thought panic attacks last around 5-10 minutes sad x
    • Posted

Panic attacke will last as long as youre panicking sweetie.  You are fine, you WILL be fine.  Are you deep breathing?  That helps!  It wont stop your mind but it does calm the symptoms.
    • Posted

They can last longer.Sometimes I  feel dreadful for half an hour or so
    • Posted

That happens to me also,but it eventually passes.
    • Posted

THe WORST panic attack I ever had was once i left work one day many years ago, on my way to pick up my younger daugther then 3 from nursery.   I had pmt at the time, I hadn't eaten, I was shaking with hunger.  Got outside, shaky, heart racing, breathing shallow.  Like an idiot had a couple of cigs, which just made it worse.  I KNEW it was a panic attack but I really couldn't calm down, I was off the scale panicky.  Picked up my daughter, came back to hospital and found my friend who worked on reception in a diff dept.  In a total state asked her to just watch my daughter and then ran off ot A&E.  I could hardly speak to the nurse when I got there I was in such a state, they put me on ECG and my heart was racing that fast they insisted on keeping me overnight.  
    • Posted

My point is, it can cause all sorts of symptoms my lovely.  
    • Posted

The pain in centre of my chest is horrible feels like the pain u get if u have ever been winded im so tired but scared im trying to deep breathe but when the pain comes I get panicky again I have a brown paper bag with me on my bed will that help if I breathe in, I just wish it would stop im so drained got every emotion running wild at the moment it feels someone is literally choking me sat on me when the pain comes in central of my chest my arm hurts so that's linked isn't it sad xx
    • Posted

Aw that sounds like me now I can totally imagine what u must of felt back then it made my stomach churn just reading it knowing thats how I am I keep saying to myself its going to happen to me something bad especially when doctors said I was too young for a heart attack but then some say im not it just playing on my mind so much, where are u guys from im in Yorkshire xx
    • Posted

I never used a paper bag,but why not try.It probably helps because so many people tell you it helps.No harm in trying.Let us know how you feel after.
    • Posted

I m starting to be a bit calmer now im still petrified something bad is going to happen any moment can't believe I have just let it happen again tbh I said to myself I won't let it beat me again and it has sad didn't use paper bag just managed deep breathing hopefully it's going now but iv got heartburn now so im guessing its linked once again thank u for reassuring me I appreciate it xx where abouts in Yorkshire are you Louise im in Hull xx
    • Posted

In Halifax Laura. You are doing good my love, just keep deep breathing. Heartburn is another typical symptom of anxiety.  You're going to be ok sweetie.  I'm going to go sleep now but you can message me here anytime.  
    • Posted

I've had panic attacks since I was 14, I'm 27 now. They go away for a while and will come back when I'm under a lot of stress, right now they have come back with a vengance. Like you, I also worry about my heart, ever since last month when I was in work, I had'nt eaten properly all day and I don't sleep properly and my heart fluttered and I went into complete panic, I felt sick, I thought I was going to pass out, my heart was pounding it was awful, and the more I panicked the worse it all got, I was convinced I was having a heart attack and had too leave work early because I was freaking out so much. Even though I've had all the tests and I'm fine, it still worries me. And worrying about your heart is common with people who have anxiety and panic attacks. Xxxxx
    • Posted

If you have heartburn,try drinking hot water .it can calm it down.
    • Posted

Im the exact same arya im constantly worrying about my heart and when I'm going to have a heart attack and I think well all these panic attacks will cause one and so on im constantly thinking hospital have missed something of a test but can't predict if I will have to a heart attack u don't hear of many young people having them but I always think its going to be me sad hate feeling like this but im the same with getting in between work now I just feel like I don't know what to do anymore I can't think jm having a heart attack every time I have a panic attack ; ( xxx
    • Posted

How are you doing, Laura?  Are you starting to feel calmer?  I know exactly how you are feeling!  I promise it will pass.biggrin  Hang in there and just remember that eveyone on this forum has been through it.  You will be fine.  Your heart is fine - doing it's job - it's just the adrenaline.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda im a lot calmer now thank u going to try get some sleep hoping it don't come back again tonight thank u all for your support really appreciate it good night hun take care xx
    • Posted

You did fine, Laura.  Get some rest now.  You've had an eventful night, but it's over now.  Your heart is just fine - strong and healthy.  Anxiety will not hurt you!!!!!!!!!

Night sweetie

Linda

Hugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.