Is anyone else bloated?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies

is anyone else bloated since their op? I am, and I've stopped eating sugar, and processed bread, just eat the occasional pitta bread. So not sure what's causing this. I feel firm and solid, but no pain.

Be interesting to hear your experiences.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am the same tummy is high, bloated & hard to touch. Also put on 5lbs even though still following same pre-op diet :'(
  • Posted

Iam!  I look 5 months pregnant and I also have a bulge into my pubic area it is also firm, I had my operation on the 7th October.  I mentioned it to my surgeon and he told me I need to loose weight as I'd put a stone on during the time I was off work.  I have now lost that weight and my stomach is no different.  I mentioned it again and he said there is no sign of a hernia, but I disagree.  I now have to wait until I'm completely healed (I still have an open wound) before he will do anything about it.  I'm determined to lose another stone just to prove to him that my weight is not the issue here!  Which operation did you have?  Did it require an abdominal incision?
    • Posted

That doesn't sound good,I'd ask to go back and get looked at,trouble is getting an outpatients appointment.I've got mine for 2nd April and had my op on 25th November,not impressed at all
    • Posted

I have 2 appointments booked, one in June and another in July - I wont be letting it drop.  I didn't have this stomach before I went in and I have photo evidence to proove it lol.  I hope you get some answers at your appointment, keep pressing them and ask for a scan. 
  • Posted

Yep, I'm also bloated but only 3 weeks post op. I'm only tiny so nothing to do with weight but do suffer autoimmune issues so was putting it down to my body just being angry with me from the op trauma. Also do have an infection (no surprise with the autoimmune really) thats being treated with antibiotics. So are we all having fun?!?!? LOL
  • Posted

Hey I've stopped using milk for a few days and the swelling is now softer and it feels like it's getting smaller. I read up that swelling can be caused by lactose intolerance so I'm giving it a try. After the op I had to use strong antibiotics which caused a nasty bowel reaction. Since then I don't eat sugary foods for the risk of candida and now I find sweet foods unpalatable. So, no milk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.