Is anyone else feeling weird taking Fluoxetine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all, I am new to this website. I needed to try to reach out to others taking this medication, I currently take 10 mg for depression and anxiety. I have only started taking it for about a week now, but I just feel funny, loopy, drowsy. Has anyone experienced this when they first started? I wanted to try meds not to "drug" me and feel like a zombie, I wanted it to help improve how I feel. Will this go away?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i been on them a week not been drousy just feel more anxiety shaky and just edgy hoping it will go soon , feel like everything is dream like all the time and stomach turns etc hope it will pass for u too

• Posted

hi, how are you feeling now? Ive been taking 20mg for just over 3 weeks, for anxiety. First week i felt fine. Start of the second week i experienced an anxiety attack out of nowhere, and it has been down hill ever since. This week the anxiety has been so debilitating. I feel unable to function, not eaten for days and days, cant move off the sofa most days as i don't feel safe anywhere else. I've had to call in sick at work. I'm struggling to care for my son, thankfully my husband has been amazing. I feel so alone and as though i will never get better. I regret starting the medication as my anxiety was manageable compared to now. Its the constant fear of impending doom

• Posted

3 weeks in still veery anxious and scared impendind doom constant mornibgs are the worst wake up fee hot skin and detatched from my self not nice i hope it passes how are you feeling

• Posted

sorry to hear you are still struggling. my gp has advised i stop taking the fluoxetine as he doesn't feel i should be feeling so unwell to the point where my whole life has stopped and unable to function. im currently reducing the dose with a view to stop altogether within the next few days. already, i feel a slight improvement compared to last week.

maybe discuss how you are feeling with your doctor? i hope the side effects soon pass for you but this drug is not always suited to everyone despite everyone saying it takes 6-8weeks

• Posted

This is exactly how i'm feeling right now and i'm on week 3 too, did you see any improvement eventually as I'm really debating coming off Fluoxetine altogether at this rate ☹

• Posted

i felt better within a few days of stopping Fluoxetine thats how i know it was the medication making me ill. i started taking it for anxiety but was not anywhere near as bad as what i was taking it.

im now taking mitazepine and feel absolutely fine. my life has returned back to normal

• Posted

hi there, I’ve been on Prozac since 2017. I’ve always been on 20 mg but last year I went up to 40 and now I am going back to 20 and adding a small dose of Wellbutrin. I had literally no motivation when I was on 40 mg of Prozac and I was extremely tired all the time and disconnected from everything. I know everybody’s brain chemistry is different but this is my personal experience. When I first started the 20 mg back in 2017 it was life-changing for me, I felt like myself again after 45 weeks. It does take some time to adjust. I really hope this helps good luck

• Posted

I started 2 weeks ago and 5 days ago I had a full-blown panic attack I woke up dry heaving nauseous no appetite which made my anxiety even worse cuz I'm not good with nausea I have not eaten in 5 days so my doctor told me to go off of it and I did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.