Is anyone else on just 25 mgs?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys,

I am on 25 mgs and started about 2 weeks ago. The side effects have finally cleared and I'm really feeling better. The doctor said if 25 mgs is working for me, let's stay there... the lower dose the better.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had success at 25 mgs?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.

I took my first 25mg last night and I woke up with a bad headache and

Felt sick, is this normal after just one tablet.

Been put on them for anxiety.

Are you still on them if so have you got over the side effects and how

Long did it take. I'm anxious about taking them.

Hope you are settled now

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I dont know whats "normal" becuase I think everyone reacts differently to the drug.  Having said that-- headaches and nausea are both common side effects of this drug.  I didnt get headaches but I have had nausea.  

The truth is that the side effects of the drugs are the worst in the first 2 weeks... After that they start to taper off and come and go.  But you really have to stick with it at first. 

I started feeling NOTICABLY better at 10 days... Although I still had some anxious days and some days with side effects.  I would say the side effects totally cleared around the 3 week mark for me-- And Im now 4 weeks in and feeling like myself!  

Ask your doctor for a medication that will help you "climb on" to this medication.  My doc gave me xanax.  I took it as needed in the first few weeks and it really helped me!  

Dont give up!  Hang in there--- Remember it does get worse before it gets better BUT MAN, it DOES GET BETTER!  Good Luck!  Feel freee to message me if you have any questions!

• Posted

Bless you for the reply Sarah.

I have been on AD before years ago after a sudden loss of 2 close

Family members

But I carnt remember what the side effects were and how long

they lasted.

Anxiey was taking over my life, the feeling of dread every day was taking its toll on my health.

So I thought it was time to do something about it.

Am am a bit worried about taking them tho.

Sounds like they are working for you.

Good luck and if you want to message me, it would be nice to see how your getting on

• Posted

Hi Sarah.

IV just started on them 3 days ago 25mg. Can you tell me what side effects you were getting please.

I'm taking them mainly for anxiety.

And IV had a headache for the 3 days and foggyness. Pleased you are feeling

Better.

• Posted

I had insomnia, increased anxiety, headache, dry mouth and a little nausea.  The only side effect that was really bad was the increased anxiety... It was hard to deal with-- especially since I am on zoloft for anxiety and panic.  

Three days is really early and I bet you will be feeling better really soon.  My symptoms got better everyday-- but I had some bad days mixed in (setbacks).  At 10 days I was noticably better and at 4 weeks, I feel like me again.  Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for the reply

It's the headaches I was worried about really, felt a bit anxious

Today too. Hopefully in a week or so they will have subsided

Wishing you well Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.