Is anyone else snotty?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with either ANA+Lupus or Non Specific Connective Tissue Disease, maybe! I have to go for more tests and have an op on my foot, but my query is this. Does anyone else suffer cold after cold after cold? I'm so miffed I can't tell you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Yes I have lupus fibromyalgia migraines and vertigo,

For the past two years I have developed sinusitis and it flares up on average every 5 to 6 weeks, I'm just amazed how much mucus a nose can produce,

Is seems like one thing after another these days,

Good luck with your op on your foot.

• Posted

Thanks, as with all these things I have ages to wait. I think they want all the test results back first. It's still early days for me.

I hope your Sinusitis isnt too painful. Mine always starts with a head cold and ends up on my chest so then I have a cough for ages.

Perhaps we should take out shares in Kleenex! 

• Posted

Hi, 

Don't get me started of Sinusitis!!!! Like Leona I get infections every 4-5 weeks, one was so bad I needed high doses of Clarithromycin to clear what was rapidly becoming an abscess with facial cellulitis

Leona - the mucous and pus is spectacular isn't it!!? I had no idea that my nose was capable of producing vast quantities of such vile, thick muck. I also get ear infections which trigger attacks of positional vertigo - deeply unpleasant.

Good luck to you both.

• Posted

You poor thing you sound like you have it rough and I can sympathise with all your symptoms,

I can't drive anymore because I have no worning when an attack of vertigo will appear so I'm not "safe"

But there are people worse off than me I'm sure 😙

Hope your all ok at the moment

• Posted

Hi,

I don't feel too bad at present despite a particularly gruelling night shift! I used to ride a bicycle but my fingers (and hands generally) hurt too much to use the brakes and gears plus I get the Vertigo when I turn to the right so riding a bike is off the menu. But, as you say, there is always someone worse off than us, so I'm grateful for small mercies.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.