Is anyone else taking Citalopram and Lorazepam together?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, newbie here. I was prescribed these to take together 5 weeks ago. My doctor said the Lorazepam would help with my insomnia and getting through the initial weeks, when you can actually feel worse at first. I'm starting to feel better but the last few days my sleep has got worse again. I'm Interested to hear anyone else's experiences. Thanks in advance ????

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I take lorazapam along with Citalopram. I find it make the anxiety of the early weeks and months tolerable. They have been very helpful and have not needed it increase my dose of 1mg daily. I take periodic breaks of one or two days to prevent tolerance and dependence. It helps me. 
    • Posted

Hi Kaycee, thanks for the reply. How long have you been taking this combo and what dosage of Cit are you on, if you don't mind me asking? I have been on 10mgs of Cit and 0.5mgs of Lorazapam as I find I feel too doped the next day on anymore.

• Posted

I take 1 mg of Lorazepam & 30 mgs of Citalopram. I take the Lorazepam 3 or 4 times weekly. 

• Posted

It will depend be more easier for you with that combo of meds..I take xanex and cit...and it's a great combo..I also take when needed ...but if your having issues sleeping. .I think ziplocone would be better..don't you think.

• Posted

Hi lois, I have never been prescribed Xanex before, don't think it's available here in New Zealand. Good to hear it's working well for you though. How long have you been taking that combo? I worry about becoming reliant on the Lorazapm as my doctor has warned me it can be addictive.

I take it you mean Zopiclone? I have taken this before and found it didn't work as well for me as the Lorazapam. 

• Posted

The ziplocone needs to be taken on empty stomach to be effective high fat foods make your medicine less drowsiness.and that's not what you want..plus it comes in 1.2.3. milligrams..the lorazepam is good for emergencies of anxiety..

• Posted

I have been on zanex for 14months a .25 when needed not every day..only when I feel butterflies.. example family death..xanex took care of that...
  • Posted

Hi dawn,

In the morning I take 112.5mg venlafaxine and 1mg of lorazepam 

Which seems to calm me a little as the morning is horrible for me.

But at night I take quetiapine for sleep and it works amazing definitely ask your doctor if it would be rite for you.

• Posted

Hi Carl, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am sensitive to a lot of medication and have tried both of those meds and many more and had bad reactions. 
  • Posted

hi there, i have just been prescribed lorazepam to take along with citalopram when needed as i can not control my anxiety at the moment. is there a better time to take the lorazepam? i want to take it when at home and people around to start with in case it makes me sleepy or have a reaction

• Posted

Day 3 if 10 mg citalopram and prescribed 1 mg Lorazepam to take for the first few weeks but too scared, any wise words?

• Posted

I take 10mg citalopram and 2.5 mg of lorazepam a day the lorazepam is divided into 5 doses at 0.5 mg a dose at 7am 10am 1pm 4pm and 7pm talk about being sleepy

• Edited

Hi , i been taking Celexa Cit with Lorazphram 1mg . Celexa has worked great for me for 10 yrs untill recent i felt a bit of depresssion and anxiety again . My doctor prescribed 20 mg of Celexa with 1 mg Lorazphram . I been feeling side effects after 1 week on it . will this eventually pass?

• Posted

Also i noticed it worked better for me when i would take both Celexa and Lorazphram meds at night at the same time for better sleep !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.