Is anyone losing weight at our age?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just read 2 books on using food to lose weight!! And I'm interested and hoping to get motivated to follow a plan..  : )   Exercise is NOT a big part of it- we all know we have to move but the main focus is food to get the body to work for us..   Just wondering if any others have read these types of books??  I try to eat healthy but gosh I just went to the store to buy things and what did I pick up?  Candy for myself!!   Grrrrr

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The biggest and worse thing you can eat is sugar.  Cutting out sugar and carbs all on it's own will result in huge benefits.  This simply means eating meat, veggies, salads, nuts and berries.  Anything outside of that is a fail, and the weight will never stay off.  It is a lifestyle change, not a diet...but it works.  I did it for a year and it was amazing!  I gotta get back to it...hormonal changes have brought with them sugar cravings...ugh!

• Posted

Exactly right!!  It's not a diet because once you notice and feel a difference naturally you'll continue...  I was doing the spinich/oatmeal smoothies every morning which I found worked great for me but I have no idea why I stopped and it's difficult to start back up again!!  Maybe I try making it at night so it's there and ready!  : )

• Posted

I use any kind of fruit--( I like banana, mango or pineapple), hand full or 2 of spinach.  Fill with water then I add a handfull of oats and blend.  Cinnamon is good in it too.  If I didn't have this for breakfast,  I would drink it all afternoon which helped cravings or snacking on something that I shouldn't. 

• Posted

Oprah lost 40 lbs!!  She does look good and I know it's easier for her as all the meals are prepared just right!!!   Still it's awesome to do at her age..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.